Dewatering is a process of removing excess water in construction sites and it helps in temporarily lowering the water table. This step is crucial for the success of the construction and to ensure safety. It controls hydrostatic pressure and seepage providing stability to the soil foundation. Failure to dewater properly will be a hindrance to construction. Dewatering can be a part of an industrial process, construction process or waste water treatment.
On what basis, should one choose companies for dewatering? Here’s a look at the important aspects to look out for:
· The company should have years of experience in this field to quickly troubleshoot unforeseen events with ease. As construction sites need to ensure safety on priority, experienced hands will be helpful in many ways. Also, companies that have dealt with mega projects will have an upper hand, knowing fully well the effort required for building massive projects.
· They must take into consideration that groundwater is a constraint and will remain equipped with smart pumping mechanisms and dewatering systems.
· They should have on their rolls, skilled manpower available around the clock to be able to carry out the task efficiently. The employees need to have thorough in-office and on site qualifications to carry out tasks efficiently.
· They should have sound knowledge in the subject. This will help in assessing what is best for the situation. For example, there are two ways for dewatering- pumping and evaporation.
There are 5 types of pumping- open body portable trash pump, diaphragm pump, well point pump, hydraulic pumps. With many choices, available, personnel should know how to match the need of the construction site and use the right option accordingly.
· They should be able to easily gauge the capacity for dewatering, take into consideration the pressure and suction power required to do the job just right
· Having the right kind of equipment for the dewatering systems is key to the entire process. Some of the essentials would be: sludge mate, oil water separator, filter press and container press.
Dewatering is an important and mandatory process, if overlooked in the initial designing phase, it can become a costly mistake for the entire project. To top it all, dewatering reduces adverse environmental impacts by reducing the risk of water pollution by also saving time and money. Choose companies which follow these guidelines and get the best deal.